aPhotoFolio was founded in 2008 by Rob Haggart who had spent the previous 8 years as the Director of Photography for Men’s Journal and Outside Magazine. When hiring photographers to shoot for those magazines he looked at thousands and thousands of websites and over the years developed a list of user friendly features that would become the foundation of aPhotoFolio.
Several of the top commercial and editorial photographers in the industry became our very first customers and have helped guide aPhotoFolio to develop features that can only be found here. As we’ve grown from a handful to thousands of professional photographers using our software we’ve listened to their needs the entire way.
We come from the client perspective and our goal is to build sites that they find enjoyable to use and easy to operate. Along the way we’ve incorporated features photographers needed to make a strong impression. Our software has been perfected over the years by listening to both the user and the owner of the website.
Websites should be easy to operate and feature rich without fuss. We started by inventing the only customizable template in the industry and we went on to quickly pioneer new features for our users first. Our high profile customers forced us to become relentless with the details and polish. Their clients wanted simplicity and ease of use. This is our lifelong pursuit. We stay at the cutting edge with constant feature releases, we dig into the details and polish, then simplify so your clients keep coming back.
Prior to founding aPhotoFolio, Rob was the Director of Photography for Men’s Journal and Outside Magazine. He created aPhotoFolio from the clients point of view.
Kent leads the development and design of aPhotoFolio. His blood and sweat is in the code and pixels of our website, which sounds icky, but think of a blacksmith and you get the picture. He hammers and bends the code into shape.
Erik is a serial developer who created the first version of our software and many tools we use behind the scenes. He’s always got something cooking.
Terryl provides financial and business planning for APF.
Jeff is working with Kent on improving and refining Design X. He is learning how to pound code and pixels into shape.
Charlie handles technical support and billing for our websites. He can look under the hood if necessary. Support tickets go to him, Matt or Jon.
Matt is a customer service Ninja. Everyone should have one of these.
Jon is a customer support ninja in training. If you demo a site Jon will check in and see if you need any help.
* Sign Up Now takes you to the demo page where you create your account and can then choose a payment option.
There are now 3 options:
1. Pay $1000 upfront and then $17/month for hosting, maintenance, upgrades and support.
2. Pay $250 x 4 months upfront then $17/month for hosting, maintenance, upgrades and support.
3. Pay nothing upfront and $34/month for hosting, maintenance, upgrades and support.
*Yes, we know you can buy a website for $9 a month. This is not a $9 website. We have features that can only be found here and we are invested in your success, not the success of investors (that’s why they cost $9). Let us prove it to you.
You have 3 options for print sales and licensing:
1. We have an inquiry button that can be added to all images and video which allows people to contact you directly about licensing and print sales (bespoke sales).
2. We have integrated FotoMoto into the site which allows you to setup a store and makes sales directly on the website.
3. You can easily link off our APF site to many of the e-commerce companies in the world and even embed a search box on a text page for convenience.
No. The hosting of your site is month-to-month service. You can cancel at any time. In order to receive a refund of the onetime fee cancel within 31 days of purchase.
We recommend namesecure.com, mydomain.com and networksolutions.com for purchasing domain names (Note: you can use any service you like for this). We do not provide domain registration, but do provide hosting and connection to email, so make sure you only register a domain name with them.
Absolutely, and we keep a copy of all the sites in a secure location on tape (double redundant). We perform backups every single night.
Yes, in fact the site is always live we just keep it on a temporary url that cannot be searched until you are ready to make it live on your own url. You can change anything you want at any time.
Yes, you can connect your website to Gmail for business (Google Apps) or you can use email from a domain registrar like network solutions who offers email for a cheaper fee than google apps.
They are very friendly, in fact. Our team has expertise in optimizing websites for search engines. Here are just a few features that ensure your site will be visible and well-ranked:
1. Easily control your site’s browser title, description and meta information.
2. We use best-practices for embedding content, ensuring search engines crawl your pages.
3. Every site is built in HTML with search engine-friendly URLs and properly tagged images.
4. Every site includes a blog installation, which search engines love..
5. All sites can easily be connected to social media (twitter, facebook, linkedin, instagram, etc.) which is powerful for SEO
For Sales and Support Questions
please reach out to our support team:
To Speak with Rob Haggart the CEO of aPhotoFolio, try one of these:
1308 Monterey St, Suite 240
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401